Buying or selling a home can be an exciting experience. At the same time, you may be feeling added stress about making a purchase offer or signing a sales contract due to the current conditions surrounding COVID-19. As the entire Western New York community continues to reopen, don’t let the thrill or anxiety you're feeling stop you from going forward with your real estate transaction. Throughout this pandemic our law office has continued to simplify the closing process for our clients while remaining safe. If you are ready to buy or sell a home, one of the most important steps you should take now: Hire an attorney.
During these difficult and uneasy times, here are some of the things our law office can do for you to alleviate your stress:
• Help you review your contract for missing information or problems with adherence to the law. All can be done via phone and/or email.
• Work with your realtor to properly draft all contract closing conditions
• Perform a title search to make certain that your desired property is free of liens, encumbrances and other potential complications that could affect its value or your enjoyment
• Negotiate the end to any liens or encumbrances that are discovered
• Ensure that the deed to the property is properly transferred and all the paperwork is correctly filed
• If you are financing a purchase, we work with your lender’s attorneys to fulfill all bank requirements, order title insurance as needed and schedule the closing.
• If you are selling, sign all transfer papers in our office instead of at the Clerk’s Office.
An experienced real estate attorney can greatly simplify the entire closing process. We invite you to call Smolarek Law Office at 716-771-1601 to handle your closing.